District 2: Tod Mowery, Chairman
Commissioner Tod Mowery is a married father of two children whose professional career spans both private and public sectors. His public experience includes time spent as an economic development director and 10 years in city management, including Michigan and Jupiter, Florida, where he was the assistant town manager and project coordinator for the recruitment of the Scripps Research Institute. His private sector experience includes managing a local consulting practice providing services in economic development, landscape architecture, land planning and environmental consulting.
Commissioner Mowery is very involved locally in area civic and community projects. He and his wife Deborah coordinate the children's ministry at their church, where he also serves as a Deacon. He recently served on the County's Planning and Zoning Commission and serves on the St. Lucie County Education Foundation Board, the Chamber of Commerce Board, and on the Board and as the Treasure Coast Section Chair for the FL Chapter of the American Planning Association. He has been an active recreation and competitive soccer coach with the local MAKO soccer program. He also lived overseas in both Africa and in Switzerland.
Commissioner Mowery has a bachelor's degree in business management and a master's degree in urban and regional planning. His wife is a local teacher and an eight-year army vet. They have been in Florida since 2005.
Boards and Committees
- Board of County Commissioners, Chairman
- Mosquito Control District - Chairman
- Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Treasure Coast Workforce Consortium
- Transportation Planning Organization
- Property & Homeowners Association
- Treasure Coast Council of Local Governments
- Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council
- Value Adjustment Board
* Please note: Under Florida law, e-mail addresses and emails are public records and available for inspection and examination by any person desiring to do so. If you do not want your e-mail address or email released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone.