Friday, May 25, 2012 - Fort Pierce Library Announces June MoviesThe Fort Pierce Branch Library announces its ''Friday Matinee'' lineup for June. Held every Friday, the library presents a free film, starting at 2 p.m.
- June 1 - "Rebel Without A Cause" (1955) featuring James Dean, Natalie Wood and Sal Mineo. A rebellious young man with a troubled past comes to a new town, finding friends and enemies. Running time: 111 minutes; PG-13*.
- June 8 - "Seven Years In Tibet" (1997) featuring Brad Pitt, David Thewlis and BD Wong. The true story of Heinrich Harrer, an Austrian mountain climber who became friends with the Dalai Lama at the time of China’s takeover of Tibet. Running time: 136 minutes; PG-13*.
- June 15 – “All The Pretty Horses” (2000) featuring Matt Damon, Penelope Cruz and Henry Thomas. Two Texas cowboys head to Mexico in search of work, but find themselves in trouble with the law after one of them falls in love with a wealthy rancher’s daughter. Running time: 116 minutes, rated PG-13*.
- June 22 – “What’s The Worst That Could Happen?” (2001) featuring Martin Lawrence, Danny DeVito and John Leguizamo. A rich man catches a thief burglarizing his home and steals the thief’s lucky ring. The thief then tries to steal it back. Running time: 94 minutes; PG-13*
- June 29 – “The Wedding Singer” (1998) featuring Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore and Christine Taylor. Robbie, the singer, and Julia, the waitress, are both engaged to be married, but to the wrong people. Fortune intervenes to help them discover each other. Running time: 95 minutes; PG-13*.
Anyone younger than 13 who would like to attend a film rated PG-13 must have a permission slip signed by a parent or guardian. Permission slips will be available at the front desk on the first floor beginning June 1.
The Fort Pierce Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 101 Melody Lane. For more information call 772-462-2787 or visit: http://library.stlucieco.gov.